Monday, October 5, 2009

///My favourite piece of Art///





I LOVE ART. For that simple reason I think it has been extremely difficult for me to choose my favourite piece of art. Since I was a child I learnt to love art. I remember that at school I did not have many opportunities to learn about art. However, the few chances that I could have I tried to make the most of them.

Nevertheless, if I have to choose the painting I like the most I would choose: “The Kiss” by Gustav Klimt(1862 – 1918). This wonderful piece of art was painted by Klimt during 1907 and 1908. Most of people consider this beautiful painting as one of the masterpiece of the Imperial Austrian painter.

“The kiss” represents a couple that is stick to each other where a man is giving a kiss to a pale woman. The first time, I saw this painting was on the wall of a classroom in Latino Cordillera School. It was amazing the effect that this painting had over me. I kept looking it about 15 minutes. I loved it at first glance. I really liked the love which the man hugged the woman. I also liked the different colours that they had. For example: the man had neutral colours such as: black, white or pale yellow, and the woman had red, blue and green small circles colours. I also found that it was a piece of Art full of romanticism, tenderness, complicity, and of course plenty of the deepest love. I really hope you could analyze it. I really bet you will get pretty impressed with its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment